What do we classify as a bespoke tour?
Well, actually everything that isn't listed on the previous pages.
This is driven from experience, as our business has evolved. More of our business is about putting together tours designed specifically around customer requirements - building in where they want to go, what they want to see, what they want to do, where they want to stay, how long they want to do it for, when they want to do it and how much they would like to spend.
So, as a consequence, it’s best to say that if you want to go 4x4 touring in Scotland, contact us, give us an idea of what your vision is, when you want to do it, how long you want to do it for and we’ll come back to you with a proposal, or at the very least, we’ll get in touch to gain a better understanding of what you want. You don’t even have to bring your own 4x4, just let us know and we’ll put you in touch with folks who rent them and will meet you at your airport, train station or ferry port.
What is the bare minimum you can expect from us?
- The services of a guide with £5,000,000 of liability insurance, who is working to a safety plan and risk assessment, in a 4x4 support vehicle carrying safety, navigation, recovery and communication equipment.
- The use of a 2-way radio to remain in contact with the support vehicle.
- Properly negotiated legal access to any private ground we use.
- An agreed itinerary dependent on your requirements.
- And last, but not least, the knowledge that we know where we are, what we are doing and what is round about us. One of our returning customers from overseas refers to Nick as “Nickipedia”.
This depends on your requirements, but as an example, expect to pay £400 for a day of our time guiding with one guide and their fully equipped car, including all the above and then, we add in other things that you may require. These additions are likely to be activities, access, accommodation, meals etc. and will vary dependant on specification.
The message is - phone us, email us, let us know what you want in terms of dates, numbers of cars, length of trip and what interests you have and in return, we’ll let you know what we propose and our charges.
If you are an organiser of group travel from the UK or further afield, let us help you with your 4x4-based touring and travel in Scotland. We are building up a satisfied client base amongst agents from overseas due to our flexibilty, knowledge and unmatched contacts, we can offer various levels of help from simply guiding and organise access all the way to a complete turn key package including vehicles, access, accommodation, activities.
Call 4x4 Treks Scotland now on +44 (0)7764152650 or email us for more information or to book your off-road adventure today!